Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18, 2010: Living the Dream

My son Ben is somewhere in the Sea of Cortez on a sailboat sailing, swimming, and texting his brother.

He emails that I should go there, that I'd love it.

Some places are private and you can't even find a restaurant for non-members, he tells me.

But other places are uncrowded and friendly.

Sigh, back into the car to run errands, to drive the kids around, to pick up farm produce, to mail Netflix...in the Oregon rain.

But you know, I'm living my dream, too. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, dreams do.

Happy Sailing, Ben! Happy Driving, Cherie! Happy Day, Reader!

Living the dream.

1 comment:

cecily said...

:-) A friend asked me the other day what I would do if I could. I said I think I'm already pretty much doing it. (Apart from having children, but that ain't happening, so childless I'm still doing what I would want to be doing) Sounds a bit like you. Contentment with where we're at...