Friday, April 13, 2007

Brain Spa

(UPDATE: Below... )

I've decided to check my brain into a spa for the weekend. I've used it waaaay too much this week.

Yesterday I came out of our little office holding my head.

"My brain has had a HARD workout just now!" I'd been learning some stuff on the computer, reading some of your very intense blogs, studying, planning the girls' school lessons, balancing the checkbook, paying bills, bla bla ba. You know the drill.

"I think I need to exercise some other parts of me for awhile," I smiled and sighed.

Thank goodness it's the weekend!

To the brain spa I go.

First, a good sweat inducing Saturday workout of cleaning and sealing the bathroom grout, followed by a little weeding in the front yard. Swiss steak with brown rice, aspargus and fresh strawberries for supper with my family. An evening massage of beautiful music, followed by the hydration of jasmine tea. A candle lit, hot water soak in the tub. Ahh....what else?

Hmmm....A Sunday morning walk with Tom, the kids, and the dog through the park where I will stop and smell each and every lilac bush on the path, deep breathing in that scent. It's one of my favorites. A country church service. An afternoon of peaceful relaxation doing or not doing whatever comes to mind. The final brain spa splurge? A romantic dinner out with Tom.

Yes, this is what will rejuvenate my brain. I hope.

Stay tuned.....

UPDATE: The shower grout has been cleaned and resealed. It will be dry enough for that tube soak tonight - ah the bliss! I hope you guys are all finding some brain rejuvenating moments this weekend, too.

UPDATE #2: My brain is relaxed and mended, ready for another week of my life! I highly recommend the spa next time you find yourself holding your head after a tedious overdone workout. Worked for me!

13 comments:

Pam said...

Calgon... take me away!

Sandy said...

Wow, can I come?

Ann said...

I identify especially with your first 2 sentences. I'm tired of using my brain as well-- just wish I could say it's been used in a consistently healthy way! But your post is inspiring & encourages me to follow up on some of the no-brainers I'd been considering.

Cherie said...

You are all invited!! (Except to the romantic dinner with Tom, of course. ;-)

tshsmom said...

I'm jealous! The lilacs won't bloom here for another 6 weeks. :(

BTW, I read your post from last night, and I think you need to post a picture of your holey kitchen floor. I'll do the same, and we'll see who wins.
We've wanted to refinish our cupboards, paint the walls, and install laminate flooring for the last 2 years. Our kitchen project keeps getting put on the back burner too.

Cherie said...

tshs - I don't know if I could withstand the embarrassment! We have throw rugs over the biggest holes.

Horrid how these redecorating jobs can linger linger linger - even longer than it would take to do them!

Good news, though! The tile is done! And the Swiss steak is in the oven.

tshsmom said...

Maybe I'll go first, then you won't feel so bad. ;)
I don't know if we'll be able to get to the kitchen this year either. We have to insulate and sheet the inside of our garage first. Then we can install shelves and storage units so we can get some of this clutter out of the house!

liz crumlish said...

cherie, hope the brain spa is wonderful. thank you so much for the tagging. I have enjoyed coming clean and letting folk whose blogs inspire me know that.

Cherie said...

tshs, I know how it goes! One thing at a time. Clutter and I are arch enemies. It's good we have a small house - everytime I think I want to buy something I ask myself, "Where will I put it?" Saves alot of money, which makes Tom happy. ;-)

You are so welcome, Liz. I am going to your site now to see who it is that inspires you! Oh, and the brain spa is going fantastically! I used other muscles yesterday, got some work done around the house, listened to music, had a quiet evening with Tom. I"m looking forward to the rest of today! Hope your day is pleasant, too!

Wandering Coyote said...

Lilacs already? You're lucky! Ours won't be out for a while. Nice shower stall, too. I'm looking forward to my new place because it has a tub and I don't have one here. I love a good soak on a regular basis.

Cherie said...

I'll try to take a picture of the lilacs, WC, so you can see what will be coming your way - in a while.

Tub soaking is the BEST!

cecily said...

Nice shower/bathroom work! I'd love a big soak in the tub, but so many areas are short of water here that I feel selfish and guilty filling the bath... when it gets colder and rains a bit (please God!) I'll be running the water.

Cherie said...

Cecily, I know how you feel. We have water shortages from time to time. Quick showers take the place of soaks. You'll appreciate your nice bath all the more for having to wait for it.

I should note here, for anyone interested, that a few years ago my son, Ben, and husband, Tom, installed all the tile in our shower/tub enclosure. I picked the colors and came up with the design. We also tiled the floor. It was the first any of us have EVER done any tile work, so we were all quite relieved and pleased to have had it turn out as we'd hoped. Thanks for the compliments!