Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tagged? Me? Thanks!

A lovely, thoughtful young woman named Marianne has chosen to tag me with a Thinking Blogger Award. Marianne makes me think, that's for certain. In a lot of ways she reminds me of me at that age, only she is much wiser.

My expected response is to give Thinking Blogger Awards to five blogs which get my mind to churning. Easy, even though quite a few of them have already been nominated, such as Deanna's, and Angela's.

I am fortunate, however, to know five more.

1. Sandy. Sandy tells it like it is. Her perspective is more optimistic than mine, and that lifts me up, which is something I need from time to time. She uses her time to help others, she attends college even while her two sons are college men themselves, and she writes about these experiences - writing that makes me think!

2. Cecily. For only a few weeks I've been visiting Cecily's blog and have really enjoyed the trips. Cecily lives in Australia, which is cool, and some of her writing reveals the Aussie-speak which we Americans find irresistible. Thoughtful posts from Cecily, such as her Easter post, her light bulb changing post, and her spider posts, give me much to think about. I've become a regular visitor.

3. Liz. Liz is a Presbyterian Minister who lives in Scotland. A new and regular blogger, Liz's posts are full of variety and thought-provoking insights gleaned from her daily life. She posts many photos, which speak to my heart as well. She's funny, pensive, energetic, and she thinks differently, which I totally LOVE.

4. Iain. Also a Presbyterian Minister who resides in Scotland, Iain shares all sorts of fascinating things on his blog. He shares impressions of his many travels, along with photos, so that I get an inside view of different regions. He shares events from his daily life, and his views on things political, environmental, and spiritual. He's enlarged my vocabulary more than once. Anytime I encounter something fresh, it makes me think, and Iain's blog fits the bill.

5. Pam. Pam is perhaps the most clever person I know. She looks at life with a perspective that is upside down, sideways, and hilarious. Humorous posts leave me wondering how she comes up with such ideas, and that, makes me think.

Okay, so I've listed my five. Sandy, Cecily, Liz, Iain, and Pam, please consider yourselves officially tagged! You are all great people, with much to share; your thinking minds give us food for thought! Thank you!

Now I'm supposed to list the Participation Rules. Here goes:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged [which means your blog has been named on one of these lists of 5], write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (silver or gold version).

So, Marianne, again I thank you for your kindness in nominating this humble blog.

(Wonder what in the world a meme is? Or tagging? Go here. I had to. What a world, huh. Fascinating! Have fun!)

13 comments:

tshsmom said...

GREAT, now I can't tag you either! :(
I'm running out of "Thinking Bloggers" to tag.

Cherie said...

It's a rough life, tshs......

;-)

Anonymous said...

Cherie, thanks for saving me, educating me and for the compliment! Great party!

Cherie said...

Sandy, I've got your back, babe!

;-D

deanna said...

Of course, Wikipedia! Someday I'll learn. The article on just "meme" is interesting... seems the evolutionist Richard Dawkins first used the word in the 70's.

Thanks, Cherie, for understanding education on the web and enlightening us.
:o)

Marianne Elixir said...

Cherie, it was my pleasure to nominate you, and I am greatly looking forward to peeking at all the blogs that get you thinking!

Cherie said...

I aim to please, Deanna, well, sometimes... ;-) You are very welcome. I learned a lot today, too!

Elixer, have fun peeking!

cecily said...

Thanks for the nomination Cherie... I too am feeling stuck for thoughtful blogs as most of those I tag have already been taken! Looks like a long weekend of blog cruising (such a shame!) on the hunt for deep thinkers!

Wandering Coyote said...

Thanks for the links. I just went and checked them out.

Pam said...

Thanks Cherie! I'll have to see what I can come up with... you have listed what I would list. Of course.

Cherie said...

You're welcome, WC and Pam!

Anonymous said...

You deserve this award, Cherie! You do make us think. The photo of the two in the water is awesome! The photographs you post are one of the reasons I keep coming back.

Cherie said...

Thank you, Annie! It's Caroline and Cassie in the water - they were having a blast!!