Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Our Stuff's Better"

Pulled the laundry out of the washer today.

Plunk! Onto the floor landed the slender white iTunes remote. It'd been in Cassie's pocket.

"Oh no," I thought. "I've ruined it."

Then, through my mind went Steve Jobs' words from the movie I watched last week, Pirates of the Silicon Valley. In one of the last scenes in the movie Bill Gates greedily, cold-heartedly brags that he stole from Apple to make his lousy, buggy Windows. Steve utters quietly, softly, more to himself than to Gates, "Our stuff is better."

IT IS!!!

I handed the remote to Caroline, she tested it on the computer, it still works perfectly. Even after being drenched in soapy water, bounced, and spun vigorously in our front loading washing machine.

Cassie held the excellent device aloft and triumphantly proclaimed, "It's a MAC!!"

Think Different!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I really like this post. :)

Cherie said...

:D

Valerie said...

Once you go Mac, you never go back!!

Cherie said...

Valerie, well said.