Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Taxation Without Representation

Got my federal tax stuff in the mail today. Thickest of their booklets I've ever received.

Can't even get a week away from Christmas when the vermin start slithering under the door.

Feeling quite disenchanted with the current administration and the big government they embrace. Feels like a downhill slide into an abyss. Today's piece of mail doesn't help.

I'll let George Harrison speak for me:
Taxman

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me
Another Beatles' song hums behind this one in my mind: Revolution!

No comments: