Thursday, March 02, 2006

WOW - What a Ride!




"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up,
totally worn out,
and loudly proclaiming --

"WOW-- What a Ride!"


I absolutely LOVE this quote that my friend Heidi sent me in an email last year! Off the top of my head I can think of a few people in my life who embody such a philosophy, my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Floyd, Carden and Millie who are cousins of mine in their 90’s, Aunt Irene, and my kids, among others.

I pull that quote up and think it over every now and again, just to remember that life isn’t a dress rehearsal, we only get one shot.

(Photo above: Caroline was expressing her joy this snowy day!)


“There are days to fall and days to rise, days of making haste. Days of seeking out yourself, but no days that you can waste.” ~~From a John Denver song

The changing weather has perked me up again. Time for some fresh adventure, some digging in the garden, some hiking in the hills and on beaches, some new/old books to read, some shaking it up a little, shaking off winter, discovering something new.

I do appreciate winter, the slowing down, the pulling inside of home and heart, the pondering, the huddling together, the Holidays. It’s great. And it’s lasted long enough for this year.

Time for some action!

Spring has Sprung and Fall has Fell and Summer is as Hot as......it was last summer. (My MOTHER always says that......my MOTHER! If you knew her, you’d laugh.)

The girls and I are going to put on some peppy music and dance around! Celebrate Life!

Enjoy the Day.




Tom was crossing this river in Skagway, AK, after walking into that cave above him (no big ol' bears in there, thank the Lord!) and was trying not to slip on the gray glacial silt that's in the cold waters of Alaska.



Me driving through the Valley of the Gods in Utah; a mind blowing experience both in the scenery and the driving. Fantastic!

No comments: