Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Crise existentielle

Okay, the title of this post is a little dramatic. I'm not really having an existential crisis.

My mind played tricks on me today. I stupidly allowed the 'overwhelm' games to be played until I'd worked myself into quite a pitiful state.

Not to be conquered by the imaginary, I let the rational part of my brain take the lead. Finally.

A nice shower. Cute gray and white striped shorts and chic, soft black tank top. Made the bed. Drank some water. Listed ten gratitudes right off the top of my head. 

Out to the garden - my friendly terrazza - to water my fruit  and evergreen trees, dainty new flowers, spring herbs pushing up and blooming, hearty strawberries, and steady onions. Tiny weeds pulled up. Concrete and cobblestones sprayed off.  

I coil the hose, set the pretty black wrought iron chair in the sunshine, gently ease into it and turn my face to the sunshine, glorious sunshine.

My reward for all this effort? The scent of freshly watered, sun-warmed foliage and cobblestones enters my sunny family room. The French doors are wide open as is the window. Lavender! Sage! Thyme! All of these perfume the air. Yes, aromatics coupled with deep satisfaction for overcoming, once again.

Crisis averted.

The mind is the thing.



No comments: