Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Old Friend, This Blog

One season passed since I've posted.

Family, friends, vegetables, flowers, kayaking, hiking, canoeing, swimming in lakes, bike riding, tennis, festivals, food, and laughing. So much good laughing. Good crying, too, shared and bubbled up from hearts grown warm with love in moments tender.

Renewed I pick up where June left off. Caroline and I embrace fresh studies together. Just as my shoulders surged with power while pulling and pushing a canoe oar through summer waters clear and deep, my mind rises to the challenge of new ideas, words, phrases, and disciplines. Trigonometry, government, economics, physics, the history of painting lure me into worlds vast and different. Desire to dig into and move through places unexplored energizes me.

French language resumption finds an elastic mind snapping back, recalling a language unused for a quarter of a year. Muscle memory. Feels good, powerful, natural. Challenging.

Refreshment removes tension's blockage, allows freedom of thought, the ability to concentrate, embrace, enjoy.

Experiences varied and vast awaken thought to analogy, metaphor, simile.

Summer behind, autumn, winter, and spring ahead to capture observation, color, sound, texture, temperature, taste, and spirit.

It's good to be back here, dancing with you, old friend.

8 comments:

deanna said...

It's fun to see you dance.

I know the people you've done some of those things with. May you and Caroline have a very good school year.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Deanna!

Marianne Elixir said...

Yay! A post!

Cherie said...

I'm having fun here again! Yes...YAY!

Patti Hobbs said...

Beautiful!

Cherie said...

Thanks, Patti! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

liz crumlish said...

Welcome back, dear friend. Felt sure your absence was of the good sort rather than anything else - life giving rather than life zapping. But look forward to stepping out with you again! x

Cherie said...

And I look forward to stepping out with you, too, sister! xox