Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fifteen - Tranquility

Quietude, which some men cannot abide because it reveals their inward poverty, is as a palace of cedar to the wise, for along its hallowed courts the King in his beauty deigns to walk. ~~ Charles H. Spurgeon
When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere. ~~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Feeling tranquility like never before this Christmas. Not because all is perfect in my world, but all is well with my soul.

2 comments:

tshsmom said...

Even with all the turmoil going on in my head, it's so easy for me to find tranquility this time of year.

Every day I can't wait for it to get dark so I can turn on the tree, light some candles, and feel the peace wash over me. I'll be thinking of you when I turn the tree on tonight. ;p

Cherie said...

And I will think of you - you described my tree/candle/peace washing coziness perfectly!

Enjoy your evening - sister from another mother.