Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Before

Today is the last day before the holidays begin to enter the front door, eyes shining, eagerness, gifts in hand, giving, taking, and love. Lots of love.

It takes energy to meet this energy.

Too many years I've met the holidays exhausted. I push myself too hard beforehand. Over planning. Okay, yeah, fretting. "It must be perfect."

Growing wiser with the years at last. Leaving allowance for spontaneity, the unexpected wonder that tags along with the Holiday Spirit. Too often I shoo it away. "Leave me alone. I'm tired. You aren't expected."

This year I hope to welcome fresh ideas, new ways, new people, quiet and noise. Everything that rises.

We'll see.

For today, I am resting, I am hopeful, open to all.

Micro-management has been shut inside a locker, along with expectation. Locker chained and padlocked.

Simplicity greeted.

Something good this way comes.

I feel it in my bones.

No comments: