Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dog Days

We endured triple digit temperatures this week and I'm pleased to say they are gone! Mid-80's to low 90's are expected for the next several day. Whew! Much better than 107!

After running unexpected errands with the girls and I in 107 degree weather, Sammy - who was given many a drink on the road and was never left in the car but was with us the entire time - was happy to be home. He headed straight for this fan which was circulating cool air from the a/c window unit. Smart pup! Cassie put a wet towel on his back - you can sort of see it - and he was content. He found a cool place to lie down and slept.


This poor squirrel! I found this photo on our local news' website. For a few days I felt just like this. Blaahhhh.....

Today, 'tis good. Morning's air was cool and fragrant - energizing.

I hope you are comfortable wherever you may be!

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Our heat has not abated at all! I feel exactly like that poor squirrel. Juno has been doing the exact same thing as your doggy - only on her back with her feet in the air. I feel so badly for our pets in this weather!

Cherie said...

WC, oh, I hope you guys get the relief we finally got. It actually got to the 70's around 9:30 tonight - we almost felt cold. Felt good. Sammy lies on his back sometimes, too, with legs in the air, not a care in the world except trying to get cool. Really funny!

Gardenia said...

Awww - those poor animals. During the afternoons in Wyoming I sort of felt like that squirrel.

Glad your daughter's foot is healed - I hope for no further problems ever - she wore it well, seemed like a long long time.

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Hi Cherie,
love the quote from Elizabeth Gilbert. Now I have all the justification I need to go on taking photographs and blogging them. :-)

Cherie said...

Thanks, Gardenia!

Glad to hear it, Iain!