Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sand, Surf, and Serenity

Here's where we've been for the past few days! Glorious weather, quiet and peaceful. The lovely lovely Oregon Coast.




















Each night the sky was painted in a gorgeous sunset for us to behold, and be still before.









Crashing waves, tide pools, and long deserted stretches of shore gave us everything we needed..........to unwind.






Sea anemones and tufted puffins. Two of my favorite beach creatures!

















The old snap it yourself photo of Tom and me.





Tom and I went over alone for a couple days of quiet before Joe brought Cassie and Caroline over so they could spend a few days at the beach, too.





I'll write something substantial soon. For now, I'm going to bask in the afterglow. You understand.........



Self-explanatory, huh, Pam. Tom and Andy helped me do this for you. I thought it might make you feel good knowing your name is (was?) in the sand, by the water that you love and crave. ;-)

13 comments:

deanna said...

I'm glad you're back, Cherie, but I'm SO glad you got to be there, alone with Tom and then with your family.

Great pictures!

Cherie said...

Thanks, Deanna!

liz crumlish said...

Hey, Cherie, glad you're back online and great to share something of where you were - such generosity. The Oregon coast line looks amazing and just the sort of place to recharge. Well done - hope the recharging lasts!

tshsmom said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could spend a few days alone with my husband!

Pam said...

You, Tom & Andy are making me weepy!!! Thank you for the kind thought and gesture. I can't tell you how much I could use a trip to the coast right about now. It's been an overwhelming sort of last several days... lots of stuff to deal with and I sort of feel like I'm drowning.

But this makes my day - thank you.
:-)

The other photos were lovely too --I can practically smell the ocean air and feel the wind... And as always, loved seeing the pic of you and Tom. One of these days you'll have to take a pic of Andy.

Love you!
P.S. So how many text messages did you send/receive while at the coast??

Ann said...

Wow, beautiful scenes. Lucky you!

Cherie said...

tshs - Wish I could make it happen for you. ;-)

Pam - NONE!!! (I'll try to get Andy standing still long enough to snap a pic. He's kind of old, you know, almost.....antique.) P.S. Email me about what the heck is going on out there, okay?! Thanks.

Ann - yeah, lucky my husband found a way to make my dream come true - just in the nick of time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Cherie, makes me want to run the west coast, well maybe fly. Beautiful pictures. Great to see a picture of you!

Pam - sorry to here you're under the weather. Hope all is well.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Sandy! Glad you enjoyed the picture of the two Old Salts - Tom and me! :-)

Wandering Coyote said...

Spectacular! My family and I did the Oregon coast trip when I was a kid and it's still the most memorable trip I think we ever took together.

Cherie said...

WC, yay! It really is an outstanding place. And you remember it still. Terrific!

cecily said...

I've had a secret interest in the west coast of the USA ever since I read "East of the Mountains" by David Guterson. Your pictures have reminded me... Beautiful!

Cherie said...

Well, I've had a secret interest in Australia and your blog feeds me a little that way. Glad you enjoyed the pictures, Cecily! I'll look into David Guterson's book. Thanks for the tip!